Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Lamarcus Aldridge wants out of Portland
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013, 11:58 AM   #10 (permalink)
carp

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodchuck View Post
That's an interesting idea.

IF (and I don't know that i take this report seriously yet) they really have a problem with Aldridge's attitude, then someone like Millsap (near all star) + another very good starter or high picks would make sense.

However, does Portland value DeMar specifically? He's an ok player but he's the 6th man in Portland. In their situation it would be extravagant to spend all their cap space on a 10 mil / year 6th man when they don't even have a starting center.

If it was Millsap+a high lotto pick or different type of asset that they need more...
I think DeRozan has value regardless, but I'd hope his perceived value is higher than his actual value. As for Millsap, didn't he sign in Portland before Utah matched? I'm sure that would add to Portland's interest level. As well, Derozan is a low risk trade option for them as his health has never been a question, he's young and seems to at least have a decent floor versus not having as high a ceiling as once imagined.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key