Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 97

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 101

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 109

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 120

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 124

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 132

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 201

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 378

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/class_core.php on line 2514
Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - JV is getting ready for his wedding
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2013, 05:43 PM   #28 (permalink)
jeffb
is the baby faced assassin

Banned

Representing:

Your views on marriage come from your life experiences, culture and at times outside influences. Myself, I've seen many people in my family divorce. My aunt got married at 21, had two kids and was divorced by the time she was 30 after her husband cheated on her. Their marriage was a complete disaster and I was a close witness to most of it since I am godfather to one of her kids. She went after all of his money, got the house, the kids, etc.....it was messy. I was pretty young at the time and I've gotta say that if I ended up with a marriage like that i'd consider offing myself. I also don't want kids for various reasons, therefor for me I say why get married?

Don't get me wrong my family is close, but if I was surrounded by great marriages and influenced by less turmoil maybe i'd be more inclined to get married or even have children. Who knows though.

I enjoy my space, my freedom and have found a girlfriend that also doesn't want children and although we've discussed marriage neither of us see it as important or necessary at this point, which could change. But we've been together nearly 7yrs and if we last 10yrs my bet is we'll still not be married unless there is an accidental pregnancy (knock on wood that never happens).

IMO for a marriage to work you have to find the right person that has similar views on life and what they want out of it. Both parties have to be stable and on solid ground financially. Even with all of that there are no guarantees that it works. Add to it being 20-22yrs old and imo the marriage stands less of a chance because I think someone's 20's are supposed to be about freedoms after schooling and finally being on your own, and self discovery which is where you ultimately come to a conclusion with what you really want in life. At 20yrs old you know fuck all about life.

All that being said everyone has to live their life the way they see fit.

Oh and I was engaged at 21yrs old after a 3yr relationship. It didn't work out as we both started wanting different things and were far too young.

Last edited by jeffb; 06-09-2013 at 06:50 PM.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key