Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Raptors Cap/Tax Status
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013, 08:01 PM   #209 (permalink)
moremilk
whatever

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windex View Post
when i say no one I mean me . but i don't remember people being happy about it. Thing is he was willing to give $52 mil to a lazy player, doesn't matter if Portland wanted to give him $45 mil. He was never worth the money he was giving. If he was so important to Orlando they would've happily given him the money.

the only legit issue would be the weather, but half the teams have to deal with that. win and people will come. each player has to pay taxes to state where they play the road game.
even if they live in a state with no income tax (Texas, Florida) they're still paying. I don't know why fans have the perception that playing in Miami means no income tax.
Most fans were happy about it, maybe not so much with the size of the contract, but that was out of our hands since we had to outbid Portland.

As far as Orlando goes, they probably regretted it since they traded for him the next season ...
moremilk is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote