Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Raptors Cap/Tax Status
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013, 10:10 AM   #194 (permalink)
Bill Haverchuck
the gat'll killya quicker, when I'm drunk off the liquor

The Mara sisters are hot!

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windex View Post
when does the cap ever jump that much? Since 2008 the cap has gone down by $200K
Well, there's been a bit of economic downturn in the United States in general since then. But prior to 2008, there were several different occassions when the NBA cap went up by 12-18% during a year that saw a substantial revenue jump. Some fans/bloggers thought the economic downturn, as it relates to the league, was over because in September David Stern announced that league revenue was going up 20% from the last full 82 game season in 2010-2011. Since the cap was about $58 mill then, some people thought that the increased revenue meant the cap would go up as well.

The problem with that assumption was the new BRI formula. When a couple of bloggers started re-posting Stern's press anouncement and claiming the cap was going up, they didn't factor in the new BRI formula. For a while, I was believing the salary cap was going up too. It made sense given the revenue projections and the fact that the cap had gone up 18% once in the past. It wasn't until Woodchuck mentioned something about BRI being different this time around that I consulted Coon's FAQ page and noticed the change.
Bill Haverchuck is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote