Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Who should we draft? (assuming we keep the pick)
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 12:15 PM   #10 (permalink)
Claudius
contemplating

The Killing Joke

Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Claudius

Quote:
Originally Posted by thought View Post
Claud, I don't watch any euro ball, in your opinion what makes a guy more suited to Euro ball than the NBA?
Honestly, the speed and react time is the biggest factor for me.

The NBA is obviously that much faster paced, defensives react quicker for instance. Euro does most of the similar things that you see in the NBA, but it happens at a notch slower, hence why a lot of players in Europe can read situations quite well because they have the time to process it. Now, when I say this, it's not like it takes ten seconds or something like that, but that extra second gives you reactionary time.

Why do some excel then from Europe to the NBA? Talent and the ability to react quicker and exploit faster.

Does that make sense?

So, this is where I see Saric in my opinion. Now granted, I haven't watched him play in several months, but when I last saw him, he's still so raw but I just don't see him being able to read the play fast enough to use his ability. He's got an offensive gift, but he'll think about it instead of reacting. Maybe this is something he learns as he gets older (hence my 3 - 5 year projection).
Claudius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote