Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Don Cherry: ‘I don’t believe women should be in the male dressing room’
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 10:47 AM   #17 (permalink)
'trane
I believe in Masai!

giant steps

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
Don Cherry, amid all the white noise of his old school BS, is still the only guy on TV who consistently seems to come up with the right answers on a shit load of topics. We love to hate him, he is xenophobic we say, he is racist, he is sexist. And if we say all these things, we are right.

People hate his constant yapping about the troops and his out dated ideologies and I can't say I disagree. Thanks however does not change two things. First, he is as old as fuck, he lived in those old eras, he played when the sport was being built, and saw a world war. Like it or not, guys like him fought in those wars, guys like that built our nation. So it's there that I ask people to give a guy a bit of room. There is always a perfectly PC ron maclean there to protect us. Second, he knows more about this game and how it works than 80 percent of the monkeys on TV. People don't like the delivery, but on many occasions he is bang on. From fighting, to concussions, to injuries and the way the game is officiated, he consistently, after the dust settles, is the guy you can look back and say "shit, i guess cherry was right".

I don't really like the man. But i respect where he comes from, I recognise his level of Hockey knowledge, and I know he will be missed when he is gone.
if he stuck to hockey, i'd have no problem with him. but he uses coach's corner as a pulpit, and it makes me sick.
'trane is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote