Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - The Official Fire Brian Colangelo Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013, 03:36 PM   #281 (permalink)
LX
effin' ineffable

In the Paint

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
The discussion that Toronto has top 5 talent in the starting unit (in the East) isn't that debatable.

I noticed the discussion was, at one point, to disregard a player like Bradley's defensive capabilities. So does the discussion then focus on offensive capabilities? If so, there's a quite a few inefficient players on this squad (Rudy Gay being one of the main culprits seeing how he can halt an offense all together).

Last time I looked, basketball is a team game. You have to have the parts to field a whole, solid unit that both works with the strengths and weaknesses of the others. In and of itself, that alone is talent.

Anyways, there are currently eight teams ahead of Toronto in terms of talent. They're in the playoffs, we're not. It's really simple. And until this team, plays like a team and utilizes their individual talents for the collective whole, it isn't going anywhere fast.
Agreed. And on top of that, it's time we saw results before making bold claims. But - I do have a lot more hope right now than I have had in years, precisely because they appear to be moving in the direction of playing like a team. And the parts do fit pretty nicely if they can decisively prove to be doing so.
LX is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote