Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Bobcats fire Dunlap
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 02:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
Superjudge
is pounding the rock!

Representing:

didnt they crush the raps?

Anyhow, its not a reflection on him, its pro sports, first to go is the coach, always and forever. You cannot fire players, and GM's will throw coaches to the wolves all the time rather than take blame.

Dunlap did bench guys and I applaud him. (accountability? hahaha this is what it looks like when coaches call out stars, they get torched)

I wish the NBA was easier on coaches, but it isn't the culture. Players are not expected to respect coaches, and they don't respect coaches. A handful of old, age tested dinosaurs get respect, and they have the knowledge and experience that commands respect as a result. The young guys....fuck, its hard.

In the NBA, NFL, MLB, its actually part of the culture to respect the coach. Younger coaches with real talent get a chance to make mistakes and gain experience. I wonder how many in the NBA might have grown to become the next new breed of great coaching minds. I wonder if the NBA will ever have great coaching...beyond the handful that earn their chops with manufactured dynasties like Spolstra. Who can tell right?

Anyhow, too bad for the guy, but hey, he likely gets two more years on the books of a pretty awsome 6 digit salary, so there's that.

Last edited by Superjudge; 04-24-2013 at 02:13 PM.
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key