Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Dino Nation: Raptors Need To Learn To Play With A Lead
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2008, 05:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
Dr. J. Naismith
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator

Representing:
Default Dino Nation: Raptors Need To Learn To Play With A Lead

Amen to that James ..... Is there any other team in the league that can let 20 point leads slip away just like that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino Nation
I don't know if it is just being the team from Canada or what. But the Raptors just can't seem to hold large leads. It has been something that has gone on in the history of this franchise. It is o.k to win a game by 20 or 30 I would be happy to write about that I really would. Far to many times the Raptors take big leads only to watch them melt away like snow in heat. Last night the Raptors lead by 17 and that lead was erased and it took a second wind from Toronto to pull out the win from Miami. This has to change and it is up to Sam Mitchell to make that happen. He tries to call time outs and stop things from getting out of hand. That is what most coaches would do. Phil Jackson was known for not doing that and letting the players figure it out. However Sam Mitchell does not have Kobe, Shaq or M.J on his roster. But maybe he should give it a shot and allow this team to figure it out for themselves without having him try to break the momentum with a good stress releasing time-out rant. One way or the other Raptors need learn how to be a front runner.
Source - Click here
Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote