Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Headlines
Thread: Headlines
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 07:26 AM   #1062 (permalink)
Windex
the next dictator of MLSE

fresh and clean

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
When we discuss the environment for instance and what needs to be done, the answer that is commonly provided, well it would cost too much.

Well, here's the thing, you're either all in or all out. Very little is accomplished by straddling causes and by providing bandaid solutions. Eventually, the time comes when real answers and real solutions must be offered.
+1

countries actually waste more money by doing the absolute minimum

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzabby View Post
thats the thing right there. the increased taxes needed to sustain all of those things would lead to unwanted economic reprucussions. the main reason for taxation to put either an expansionary or contractionary fiscal policy which its main goal is to control inflation and maximize the nations GDP through maximizing aggregate demand.

sure it's great to have all the things you just listed, but if we do raise taxes by that much, it will lead to a contraction because people will have less to spend, thus will consume less, reducing aggregate demand, and plunging the economy into a recession that (depending on the extent of the things you pointed out) could be worse than the one we saw in 2008.

its not as simple as 1,2,3
instead of doing this I would like to see natural resources nationalized. I'm a free market guy but I always believed that the resources within your country should be used to fund government programs.

I also think there should be no federal income tax and only consumption taxes. but thats another story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! View Post
Having some sort of national housing plan may require a bit but not all that much. + did you know Canada is the only G8 state without one?
what do you mean by national housing plan? something along the lines Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac? because that worked out well

Quote:
Originally Posted by LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! View Post
The materialistic society we live in is truly disgusting.
you sound like a communist
Windex is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote