Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Breaking: Explosion at the Boston Marathon
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 12:08 PM   #25 (permalink)
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!!
La Decima!!!!!

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolAid View Post
I think it's a pity how the word terror is automatically linked to Islam nowadays as a result of the media portraying muslims as terrible people. Maybe it's just me but I didn't see anybody calling the Newtown shooting a terrorist attack, why is that so? It is as terrible an act as this is it not?

Don't get me wrong this is really unfortunate and my prayers go out to those affected but I feel like the media is time and time again abusing their ability to control what we see.
Well said.

Also, the US is so hypocritical. It's horrible what happened in Boston and the actions should be condoned and I too send out my prayers, etc to those affected. However, what happened in Boston pales in comparison to what the US does abroad.

Look at this article:

The Boston Marathon and U.S. Drone Attacks: a Tale of Two Terrorisms | Earth First! Newswire

Loss of civilian life should be condoned no matter what type of attack or by whom. However, the media, culture, etc prevent many things from coming into the public's attention.
LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote