Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Headlines
Thread: Headlines
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013, 11:11 PM   #1035 (permalink)
effin' ineffable

In the Paint

Originally Posted by pzabby View Post
canadas reputation on the world stage was better pre harper, when the liberals were running the show. now we are known as opportunists who dont give two shits about the environment, and rightly so.

canada was in a better financial state pre harper, ignoring the financial meltdown (i.e a golden financial age for the world before the crisis which harper if im not mistake had 2 years a part of) again due to the liberals

do you want any other examples? it is easy to discount them without providing any evidence
So the NDP is going to make Canada's reputation even worse?

And don't tell me about the financial state. The Libs were no better than the Cons when it came to spending almost exclusively in their own ridings and letting corporate entities run the show. They took Toronto for granted for a decade and offered no means of coping with costs that they downloaded here. They co-opted reform policies throughout the Chrétien years, and failed to stand up to a minority Conservative party, all the while yelling with hair on fire about how Tories would have tanks patrolling our streets. Can anything get more ridiculous or pathetic than that? How about delivering an essential message to Canadians through a blurry home movie, or clenching a fist and shouting with fake passion? What is the last thing that the party as a whole believed in, and don't say the Red Book.

Now I could fill pages concerning my disgust with Harper, although I would have to point out that they have offered stability and tackled some tough issues on their own initiative, or in other words, that they have shown they are capable of governing and hemming in their extremes to some degree. I think its possible to see that they could be much worse. What I don't get is how anyone can say the NDP would be much worse, without offering anything but fear mongering, and at the same time wishing Bob Rae could be the leader of their party.
LX is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote