Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Rate the latest movie you saw...
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 07:56 PM   #4057 (permalink)
LX
present minded

In the Paint

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
Hmm. He played a plantation owner's son rather than the old plantation owner himself. Struck me as an ignorant, spoiled brat of a man with a capability for sickening violence. His delight at the mandingo fights... having a man ripped apart by dogs... coming within a hair's breath of bashing a girl's skull in with a hammer... and then letting her for a sum of money and a "gentlemanly" handshake? One that he INSISTED on having from the German? Seemed pretty damn unlikeable to me.

Tarantino does do the "cartoony" thing though... it was very much in the mode of "Kill Bill" IMO.
The elements for evil were there. It just seemed to be played. I only saw Leonardo. I only really saw Samuel Jackson as well though, so I think Tarantino didn't help with the killing of the plot's momentum. The narrative got lost.

I loved Kill Bill, because although over-the top, the story drove everything. Kill Bill was really helped by being split into two parts. It kept the storyline from getting diluted.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote