Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Rate the latest movie you saw...
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 09:52 AM   #4045 (permalink)
Chiggmo
rootin for the eagles, boise state, the leafs, raps, and jays

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
Won't disagree with you either Chig... I actually liked "I, Robot" a lot (even though it was a hero role) and "Ali" was great and well-suited for him. I also enjoyed "Hancock".

Those were good movies (the ones you listed) because they were well-written and they're were in his wheel house.... but has he ever played a villain? Or someone who's mentally-challenged? Or learned an accent for a role and convincingly pulled it off?

I'm not JUST ripping on Smith.... I've always been annoyed by Julia Roberts too for the very same reasons. Overrated as an actress IMO. Not much versatility. Just picks her movies well and comes off as a darling in the media.
Audiences love Will as hero type though so I don't think they wanna change the trend, you have to see where directors and such are coming from to. Some people just "fit" villian roles and some just "fit" heroes. I don't know of any off the top of my head (because I'm tired) where he did much in the way of full blown accents the entire movie, but he's done a lot in parts of movies that convinced me he can do them no problem if needed.

Also I don't think he has done any mental-illness roles. Never know if he could or not though. Hard to say. I think if he had the opportunity he could.
Chiggmo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote