Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Rate the latest movie you saw...
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 08:27 AM   #4034 (permalink)
Acie
landry fields forever

Administrator

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
Oh hi Bill. Pleasure to see you again.

I'm well aware of Smith's films. If you like him and his movies then that's fine.... but don't try to tell me that he's some great actor... because he isn't. He chooses his films well. That's it.

"Six Degrees of Separation", "Pursuit of Happyness", "Enemy of the State" and "Legend of Bagger Vance" were probably the only films that he's done that have deviated from his "I'm the cool hero guy" role... and none of those were very impressive.

Compare that to Leo or Cruise or Pitt or Depp who can immerse themselves in a character and make you say "Whoa!".

I like a lot of Denzel's movies too (more than Smith's) but he's another one who does the same thing time after time after time. Great for them... they're good at what they do... I just prefer more versatility in actors.

Jamie Foxx has showed me more in short time than either of these guys when it comes to black actors.

He's never won an Academy Award.... He was nominated for 2.
I don't know, man. He was pretty freakin' amazing on that Blossom/Fresh Prince crossover episode.
Acie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote