Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Rate the latest movie you saw...
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 07:33 AM   #4032 (permalink)
TORaptor4Ever
"Fake All-Star"

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanColangelo View Post
Man, this is why you're frustrating. If you don't like they guy, that's cool. I don't particularly like him as a person, either. Especially when I hear him talk about scientology crap.

But the same role over and over? What? Yeah, he "saved the world", a bunch of times, or however you put last time you made this lame complaint, but he's also showed a lot of depth in a bunch of different characters. It's just that he's been in so many movies, and acted for so bloody long, that he's done multiple save the world pictures. But there's much more. Some good, some crappy, and some really amazing.
Oh hi Bill. Pleasure to see you again.

I'm well aware of Smith's films. If you like him and his movies then that's fine.... but don't try to tell me that he's some great actor... because he isn't. He chooses his films well. That's it.

"Six Degrees of Separation", "Pursuit of Happyness", "Enemy of the State" and "Legend of Bagger Vance" were probably the only films that he's done that have deviated from his "I'm the cool hero guy" role... and none of those were very impressive.

Compare that to Leo or Cruise or Pitt or Depp who can immerse themselves in a character and make you say "Whoa!".

I like a lot of Denzel's movies too (more than Smith's) but he's another one who does the same thing time after time after time. Great for them... they're good at what they do... I just prefer more versatility in actors.

Jamie Foxx has showed me more in short time than either of these guys when it comes to black actors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! View Post
well said. the 2 academy awards are nice too.
He's never won an Academy Award.... He was nominated for 2.

Last edited by TORaptor4Ever; 03-14-2013 at 07:37 AM.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote