Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Gurdeep Ahluwalia and Nabil Karim hosted Sportscentre and the backlash was appalling
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 07:04 AM   #7 (permalink)
fancylad
blah!

nosce te ipsum

Representing:

that's unfortunate.

People 'speak' on the internet like it offers some kind of safety blanket or annonymity (which i guess it does). Wether it's twitter, message boards or even just comments after a youtube or something like that. My wife and i were talking about this very thing a while back. You can't say certain things in public or out loud without suffering certain consequences, yet it seems you can get away with it perfectly fine online and it can get pretty scary when you think of things like internet bullying and what have you (the kind of stuff that young people kill themselves over) It's unfortunate and something should be done to change it or at least real life consequences should apply to certain innapropriate behaviour on the internet.

In any event i hope Nabil and Gurdeep get a nice long run of hosting the show and honestly, i'll be a bit disapointed in TSN if they change the lineup up right away.
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key