Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Grange: Time's about up for Martin
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2007, 04:08 PM   #35 (permalink)
Sick, Wicked and Nasty!
adoring his baby girl.

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClingRap View Post
Having played ball. who you practice with makes you a better player. as i progressed through the ranks, i got better because i had to adapt to playing at a high level consistently.
im not sure of the point guard situation at lottomatica, but i'd put it out there that its nowhere near tj freakin ford and jose holy calderon. get what im saying. it also gives the coaching staff to see what the kid is capable of. putting him out there on the court gives people the chance to gauge what potential he has to be a playmaker and what not.
bringing him over and having him on the bench is far from the worst thing in the world. if anything it'd put an end to the endless speculation as to how good ukic is, or how much he looks like a poorman's jason williams. which yeah, is such a waste of a second round pick.

I'm not saying practicing with the Raptors wouldn't make him improve at all but when you're not playing any real games you are only going to raise your game so much at that level. History shows that players who ride the bench tend to stay on the bench. Players that get some burn have a chance to get better... you dont' get to the nba if you're not a good player but to excel in the nba game you need to play the game.

Who cares about the speculation? Hype shouldn't affect player decisions..as I'm sure BC hasn't been affected..thus Roko remains in Europe.
Sick, Wicked and Nasty! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote