Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - A plea
Thread: A plea
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 12:54 PM   #61 (permalink)
MikeToronto
Gam zeh ya'avor

The Gatekeeper

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
Your post was removed for making a very unnecessary personal attack on another poster. The specific use of words was not such an issue. Your intent was in fact unacceptable to us here that wish to keep the pissing contests to an absolute minimum.

Respect is not such a difficult concept to master. That is the plea that is being made here. You might want to make it about power dynamics, and I would suggest you get over yourself. That's not what it's about. I would like to extend the plea beyond the r-word, and just ask that people value simple respect for everyone here. We do not need to like each other, but we should at least aim to treat each other with enough respect to allow discussions to function well and appropriately. Personally, I find it pretty distressful that you fail to see the spirit of this thread in a respectful manner, and have gone out of your way to make it about you, and how mods are abusing their power.
This is not about me. I've used the recent censoring as an example, and probably shouldn't have, because it evidently muddied my point. I am talking about censorship in general and our society's disturbing (to me) tendency to pay too much attention to words used over what is being said.
MikeToronto is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote