Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - The Official Fire Dwane Casey Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 04:23 PM   #162 (permalink)
LOG
is pounding the rock!

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral View Post
i have no problems with the 3 bigs at the end, 1 big making it difficult to inbounds and you basically don't want to give them a 3, so everyone else is basically playing a "zone" defense, you get as many bigs out there to guard as much area as possible, everyone's switching on picks anyways, you're not going to lose anybody, and there's only 1.7 seconds, you're just looking to make the shot difficult by having as tall a person in his face
and he put Gray in when JV was hurt because Gray is the only 1 that can body Hibbert

But we didn't play zone,we played man to man.
Now according to your theory, it is good idea to play zone with 3 slow bigs on the floor while trying to avoid 3?
So the way they were positioned JV would be left to defend top of the 3, Gray and Gay would be protecting the rim While Bargs and DD would cover the sides, guess what would happen than, JV and Bargs would be matched up against Hill (i think he was inbounding) and George, i think i don't have to explain further.. Luckily though Gay followed Geogre all the way to the 3 to contest the shot.
LOG is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote