Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Grange: Time's about up for Martin
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2007, 03:58 PM   #31 (permalink)
Claudius
contemplating

The Killing Joke

Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Claudius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick, Wicked and Nasty! View Post
So if Ford comes back and stays healthy the whole year as does Jose.. and Roko gets 2 mins of garbage time in 15 games over the season... do you think he takes that well and doesn't raise a stink?
Then the only 2 guys whose salary you can just swallow up are Moon or Dmart. You're suggesting keeping Dmart on the team... can Roko contribute anything near Moon? Baston is making what 3 million? Can't just chuck that.

If there were actual minutes available(i.e. we didnt' have two starting quality pg's on the team) i would agree totally. Having the kid learn behind TJ and Dmart for example like Williams in New jersey or Conley and Damon in Memphis... that makes sense because there are minutes available to actually learn the game.
If he raises a stink then he won't be on the team that much longer. Something I would say our culture is, team first, always team first. So, if he complains, well then he's not really suited for here.

I'm not really suggesting keep Martin at all actually. Again, he's suited best for a role on the bench. And again, that's where Ukic could learn. I don't think anyone has high expectations for Ukic, at least not I personally. And Conley is somewhat wasting away in Memphis with Lowry taking over the majority of the PG duties.
Claudius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote