Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Official NFL Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 06:56 PM   #2766 (permalink)
Chiggmo
rootin for the eagles, boise state, the leafs, raps, and jays

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
Um, it was needed because skin color did matter, and only white people got jobs coaching and management. If you could assure that the best candidate would be hired then you would obviously have hiring of non-whites. The policy reinforces that idea, rather than negate it as you seem to suggest. Wow.
OH GOD ONLY WHITE PEOPLE GOT THE JOBS! THE LEAGUES RACIST! No... You ever think they were the best candidates? Skin color has nothing to do with anything. (Before making another dumb assumption, I'm talking about present day, not the passed when the world actually still held a ton of racism).

I never suggested anything either, don't make your assumptions of something I didn't even remotely suggest.

This rule basically suggests if too many people hire a white you coach, then you're going to have to hire a black coach just because. The rule is trash, and so is anyone who thinks they pick a coach based on race.

A GM is going to hire a coach that they feel is going to do the best job with the team they have currently assembled, and with where they are going. Not because he black, white, Mexican, or whatever else.

Garbage like this is what reinforces racism in peoples minds, not make it go away. If you don't agree, good for you.
Chiggmo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key