Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 97

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 101

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 109

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 120

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 124

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 132

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 201

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 378

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/class_core.php on line 2514
Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Books Thread
Thread: Books Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2008, 01:13 AM   #89 (permalink)
maltmonger
a Die Hard die hard.

pro beer

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
My goodness... this is a "highbrow" thread if I've ever seen one.

Most of the time I read to "escape" and so I tend to choose Fantasy/Sci-Fi... just finished the third book of the "Eragon" series by Christopher Paolini. Very talented, young writer.

Don't see the movie though... God is it bad lol.
I'm with you - an escapist.

I haven't picked up Brisingr yet. My wife and I have both read the first 2 books - really enjoyed them. My daughter got Eragon as a gift and insisted we read it.

I just finished Gardens of the Moon by Steven Erikson. It kinda just throws you in and trusts that you'll be able to sort things out. It took me a bit but I really liked it.

I bought the second book - Deadhouse Gates - today.
maltmonger is offline   Boss Key Wife Key