Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Grange: Time's about up for Martin
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2007, 04:53 PM   #30 (permalink)
Sick, Wicked and Nasty!
adoring his baby girl.

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudius View Post

But maybe I'd just have Ukic learn from NBA players and coaches rather than international players how to play the game. Again, that's how I'd want it. I agree Ukic does need the playing time and Europe will help his confidence, but I think that when Ford goes down with an injury and we're forced to play Martin I'd much rather have Ukic in those minutes because they're more crucial than anything he will play in Europe.
So if Ford comes back and stays healthy the whole year as does Jose.. and Roko gets 2 mins of garbage time in 15 games over the season... do you think he takes that well and doesn't raise a stink?

Then the only 2 guys whose salary you can just swallow up are Moon or Dmart. You're suggesting keeping Dmart on the team... can Roko contribute anything near Moon? Baston is making what 3 million? Can't just chuck that.

If there were actual minutes available(i.e. we didnt' have two starting quality pg's on the team) i would agree totally. Having the kid learn behind TJ and Dmart for example like Williams in New jersey or Conley and Damon in Memphis... that makes sense because there are minutes available to actually learn the game.
Sick, Wicked and Nasty! is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote