Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Dino Nation: Jose Calderon Is The Most Important Raptor?
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2008, 06:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
Dino Blogger
doing what I always do DNB 24/7 365

The C.E.O Of The DNB

Representing:
Send a message via AIM to Dino Blogger Send a message via MSN to Dino Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by insight_tor View Post
You are right gurkang ... but you would say "Jose is an important player for Raptors" not "the most important". The real problem here is the absence of a solid backup for PG which doesn't have to do with Jose but BC. And this problem affects Jose as well. As good as Jose is, he is not going to play at high level big minutes every night, 82 games + playoff games. Overplaying Jose will wear him down in no time. 8 games in season and he is already having problems with hamstring. Not a good sign for Raptors.
That is the exact point that is being made. With no "Real" back-up that makes Jose the most important player for this club. I can see a way the Raptors can win games with Chris out. With Jose out I find it hard to see.

If the Raptors signed a legit back-up at P.G then it would but Chris Bosh back to the spot of most important but the way this Raptor Roster is set right now he is not. I agree with the points you are making about Jose and durability which I have talked about in the full context of this. Or if not in this I know I have said it recently
Dino Blogger is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote