Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Dino Nation: Jose Calderon Is The Most Important Raptor?
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2008, 04:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
Dr. J. Naismith
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator

Representing:
Question Dino Nation: Jose Calderon Is The Most Important Raptor?

Does it go without saying Jose's our most important player or would you disagree?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino Nation
Jose Calderon Is The Most Important Raptor?

Short answer for this one is YES. But I will offer a little more than that. Chris Bosh is no doubt the leader and franchise player of this team. That being said could the Raptors win games with a combo of Jermaine O'Neal and Andrea Bargnani instead of Chris. It would be harder to get the wins and it would take both J.O and Andrea stepping up. But I think it would be possible. That being said you take away Jose Calderon and leave his role to Solomon and Ukic. That goal of getting wins becomes very hard indeed. Could the Raptors beat some bad teams with that duo? Yeah they likely could get the odd game. But against any team with any kind of quality the Raptors would be hard pressed to find wins. This is why at this point and time Calderon is the most important Raptor. I have said it many times in this blog that point guard is the most important position on a basketball team. Unless you have a superstar that can handle the ball and create his own scoring a quality point guard is key. Even if you have that guy a point guard only adds to his success. Many basketball people will agree with this point and it is key for a team like the Raptors who are depending on 2 bigs to get the bulk of the touches and scoring.
Source - Click here
Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote