Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Raptors lack "adaptability"
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2008, 04:54 PM   #13 (permalink)
insight_tor
a Triano's fan

The friendly neighbor

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
I understand what you're saying insight.... I guess I just feel as though this team should be PAST the point of "learning basic bball skills".

The Raps are a capped out team with 3 all-star calibre players... By now we should be pushing towards a conference title... not limping into the playoffs every season and trying to eke out close wins against mediocre teams.
You are right about expectation on paper, still you have to keep in mind that JO is still trying to blend in (only 8 games as Raptor) and Jose is his first year when he is the starter PG, last year he played less than half of season as starter PG only because TJ was injured. Our wing players situation is even worst, Moon is a sophomore who is grounding his game on his athleticism not on strategy or team play. AP is up and down, many times beaten up by more athletic wings. There is no one with creativity, who can create his own shot consistently.

Raptors is still far away from being a contender, they need at least this season to build up the chemistry and maybe, with some good moves to became a better team next year. I think the second round in playoff would be a fair expectation for Raptors, anything more is kind of unrealistic.
insight_tor is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote