Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Raptors lack "adaptability"
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2008, 04:32 PM   #10 (permalink)
DVS
in la la land

I'm stuck being a Rap Fan

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral View Post
i kind of understand how they lack adaptability, but in a way that is the wrong mentality because your team shouldn't really be adapting so much as it should be commanding the play on the court so the other team has to adapt
i understand what you're trying to say in that when a team comes at you offensively you need to change our defense to defend their plays, but at the same time offensively you shouldn't really adapt so much as you should be pushing your game plan
but there should be some adaptation to maybe start using another set of our plays
but this kind of goes with the players you have, usually being able to adapt has to do with having athletic players on the floor because they mainly run and defend, our offense is to give it to the bigs or to swing and kick for jumpers, we don't really have the athletes and slashers to create and move according to the defense, that was what TJ was for but when he started adapting and creating everyone else got confused and now he's not here anymore
Thats the point. Adaptability is just a fancy way of saying this team misses TJ Ford. Now I'm not a Jose hater in the least but I must say TJ was the only player other than Bosh that was able to create his own shot. Jose is a great half court facilitator but a lousy fastbreak player and clearly cannot create his own shot.

With the wings getting exposed now its now more clear than ever that the Raptors need someone that can actually "score at will" for lack of a better term.

Coach Mitchell will have to bite the bullet sooner or later and have to play our bigs all at once for spurts of the game. If this means factoring hump in for 10mpg so be it. With a Parker / Moon / Graham / Kapono wing rotation your looking at exposure on both ends of the floor anyways. Its time to get the 7foot Italian and JO a little more burn in order to "mask" our weaknesses at D.
DVS is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote