Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Raptors lack "adaptability"
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2008, 04:26 PM   #9 (permalink)
"Fake All-Star"

Originally Posted by insight_tor View Post
ToRap .... when you achieve that level, it means you are a very good team. I think Raptors is at that level where they are more concerned with sticking with basic basketball skills. They don't have in their arsenal that many options to switch good strategies within the same game.

To do what you present, you have to have a core team that knows each other very well, playing together for a while. In the last few seasons, they changed many times players. For example, only Bosh was a Raptors 4 seasons ago. Spurs and Detroit have their core playing together for years, they can alternate different strategies within the same game without too much trouble. At this time Raptors has problems to integrate the newcomers into ONE STRATEGY (JO/Roko/Solomon).
I understand what you're saying insight.... I guess I just feel as though this team should be PAST the point of "learning basic bball skills".

The Raps are a capped out team with 3 all-star calibre players... By now we should be pushing towards a conference title... not limping into the playoffs every season and trying to eke out close wins against mediocre teams.

When I say that "we need to adapt" I'm talking about switching defenses or defenders when one opposing player starts to torch us.... or riding a player that's playing well and leaving him out there rather than yanking him and allowing him to cool off. Stuff like that.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote