Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Raptors lack "adaptability"
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2008, 02:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
TORaptor4Ever
"Fake All-Star"

Representing:
Default Raptors lack "adaptability"

This is something that has bugged me about this team for AGES.... not just this season. I feel like every time that I watch this team play they come out with a gameplan and seem DETERMINED to run it from tip off to final buzzer, regardless of what the other team does.

Same plays.

Same defense.

Same rotation.

The thing that I feel REALLY separates us from the better teams out there is that most good teams (like the Spurs, like the Pistons, like the Lakers, like the Celts) and good coaches can recognize what the other team is doing and counteract it ON THE FLY.

I can't count the number of games where I've seen a hot player get taken out and then sit for a whole quarter because "that's the way that the rotation goes".

It also frustrates me when a team scores on us over & over & over again and we continually use the same defense rather than switching to something else.

Sam may be a decent coach.... but I think that this is his greatest flaw. And if he can't correct it, then he and/or his staff need to be fired and some new eyes need to be brought in to take a look at things because we seem to be going nowhere fast.

Just an observation.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote