Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Drummond one of the most efficient rookies EVER?
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 06:55 PM   #43 (permalink)
DocHoliday99
hates pounding the rock!

Membres supérieurs

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
Sorry Doc.... but if you're implying that a shoddy FT % hurt Shaq and Dwight's teams more than their other skills helped them.... well.... I don't agree at all.

And again.... there's no reason to think that Drummond can't improve on 39%.

He will absolutely eat Ed for breakfast, lunch and dinner in another year or two.
I don't know if he will eat Ed for breakfast, maybe a brunch :cookie:

Thinking about Howard, no denying he hurt his team the other night with his FT's on the stat the matters most, the win column. I'm not meaning his % devalues the other skills, I see what I wrote implies that, but more about close games and crucial moments when the game is on the line. Maybe it's Dantoni's system of 4 perimeter and 1 deep that exposes that weakness since most of the offense is generated from the outside.

Drummond did ok in that last game....11/10 with 2 blks in 23min - pretty impressive despite that other teams haven't really game planned to stop him yet. At some point, he will have to increase his ft% to 65-70 imo. Somewhere in the range, maybe not quite, of DMC whose shooting .786 this season. Now THAT is a player I would take over Ed who could eat both ed and Drummond for lunch.
DocHoliday99 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key