Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Drummond one of the most efficient rookies EVER?
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 03:03 PM   #41 (permalink)
TORaptor4Ever
"Fake All-Star"

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday99 View Post
I know some feel that I'm blowing up this FT% but did anyone watch the Lakers/Miami game last night? Howard's horrible FT shooting was a big reason the Lakers lost momentum in the 4th...5-13....38%...much like Drummond's average. Disappointing, as that one stat pretty much negated what Howard did through out the game.

I stated earlier I would take Drummond over Ed and I'm going to back away from that statement. With the current direction of the NBA, how the rules are and how the refs are calling the game, BIG bigs who can't shoot a FT if their life depended on it will be exposed and forced off the floor when it counts. Until the Shaq rule is eliminated, or a rule put in place disallowing excessive consecutive deliberate fouling, players like Drummond will have a difficult time reaching their full potential.
Sorry Doc.... but if you're implying that a shoddy FT % hurt Shaq and Dwight's teams more than their other skills helped them.... well.... I don't agree at all.

And again.... there's no reason to think that Drummond can't improve on 39%.

He will absolutely eat Ed for breakfast, lunch and dinner in another year or two.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key