Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - LEAFS FIRE GM BRIAN BURKE
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 03:12 PM   #20 (permalink)
jeffb
is the baby faced assassin

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
Jeff, all due respect, you have no clue if thats what you believe. Brian Burke has done a good job... not perfect, nope. But he inherited a fucking disaster, and he's made some serious headway turning that around.

I'd actually like to hear why you make this claim....and please, do better than the Kessel trade, because last I looked Kessel was a top ten scorer in the NHL, and his line mate, who was acquired for carrots, is even better than him.
Sorry but that Kessel deal was ridiculous at that time as he was blowing up the team. He extended Wilson then fired him a few months later, which is a real head scratcher. Does this team have a true number one Goaltender after him being here 5yrs? Who is the second line Center? Phaneuf as captain? Building around Truculance. Hasn't brought in a big name FA. Hasn't drafted a stud. Unwillingness to do a true rebuild. Saying in his first season that the goal was playoffs, no long term vision/plan. Refusal to even discussing a 5yr plan or long term plan was stupid when he was first brought here. Him publicly saying that he wanted to aquire the number pick (tavares) and not geting it done. Building a suspect defense. His love for american collegiate players.

Disaster might be a little strong, but i don't think so.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote