Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - NBA.com: Raptors want to keep Calderon; trade Lowry
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 03:00 PM   #72 (permalink)
jeffb
is the baby faced assassin

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeToronto View Post
No, it isn't.

But answer me a simple question - who is better at keeping the rest of the team involved in offence, Jose or Lowry?
to be honest it's far too early to say. When healthy i believe Lowry can do a fine job while also scoring, rebounding, getting to the line. At the start of the season before he got hurt nobody had a problem with the way he was playing, other than a few that suck Calderon's balls. Calderon then started several games and as a team we stunk. As a team, several players were playing selfishly at times and holding onto the ball far too much, even with Calderon starting in november. The team as a whole looked awful, which includes with Jose starting in November. With guys like Derozan, Bargnani, Kleiza the ball would die with them. Lowry would give the ball up early in the shot clock and someone would hold onto the ball and throw up though shots, he rarely got the ball back in the first half of games, so the lack of ball movement was on everyone as a team imo. For some reason Casey started making people more accountable again after that west coast road trip and the focus was back on defense and that is by far the main reason we've won games lately, close ones mostly. I just think the whole team, from the bench to the starters are just a lot more focused and tired of losing (as DD said). It has a lot less to do with one or two players than it has to do with the team top to bottom being a lot more focused at both ends and being held accountable. That and Casey finally has started to clue in on better rotations, no 2PG lineup etc.... and is coaching like he did last season.

Last edited by jeffb; 12-28-2012 at 03:04 PM.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote