Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Teams with lower win% that you would trade rosters with
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 10:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
Ball Don't Lie

Hornets- They have Anthony Davis. Him alone makes me want to switch rosters. But you also have Vasquez who's quickly improving. Eric Gordon, who if he could ever stay healthy would be a top 5 SG, and a very nice 1-2 punch with Davis going forward. Ryan Anderson, who is proving everyone including myself wrong about him, as hes shown great versatility this year, and is proving to be one of the best 3 point shooters in the NBA. And lastly, they have all of these players, but are also in a good cap situation. If they stay healthy, they're a good SF away(and some smart bench player signings) from the playoffs if Davis does develop as quickly as he is.

Cavs- They have less pieces than the Hornets, but again, they have the one dynamic player that can turn around a franchise in Kyrie Irving. Plus they, like the Hornets, are in a good cap situation I believe moving forward. If they can get a good player in the lottery this year, and Waiters can grow up in the next 2-3 years, as well as them keeping Varejao, they should have a good team moving forward. If we included management in this equation, then I probably wouldnt take the Cavs though.

Pistons- In the same sort of sense as the teams above, they have a dynamic frontcourt on their hands, who alone arent as good as Davis/Irving, but together could form the best frontcourt in the NBA in 2 years time. Add in Singler, Knight, and another lotto pick, and you have a nice young team who could turn in to a powerhouse in 2-3 years time if the frontcourt does develop.

With us, we have a couple of good young players in Val, Ross, and Derozan, but together they dont form a team that could turn in to something special going forward, and I dont think Val is a blue chip piece like Davis or Irving. We have a bad cap situation with a bunch of bad contracts to mediocre players. And unfortunately for us, we're stuck with most of our bad contracts for the next 2 years. One can only hope we can turn Jose/Bargs in to something to help rebuild this crappy roster.
Ball Don't Lie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote