Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - www.si.com - more Bargs Trade rumors and speculations
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 11:08 AM   #100 (permalink)
Bill Haverchuck
the gat'll killya quicker, when I'm drunk off the liquor

The Mara sisters are hot!

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
That has been their pattern for a while now. They mount comebacks in the 4th, usually too little too late, and proving to be unable to get it done defensively in order to get the win, and really the GSW game should have followed the same path. The defense was not at all impressive, and the Warriors missed layups, and fumbled away unforced turnovers that looked like easy baskets, while shooting way too many threes, especially Curry. They choked and gifted one to the Lakers.

But I don't think the Lakers need more defensively challenged players, particularly when guys like Hill and Peace are playing good two-way games, and ultimately made that last win possible. They are a team with multiple personalities instead of a true identity, but I don't see where Jose and Andrea reinforces much of anything. They'd just cause more of a muddle to work through.
More reason to think this trade won't happen. Mitch-K is not a doofus; he knows what his team needs and doesn't need.

BTW, what you're saying about the defensive is borne out statistically. The Lakers offense is fine compared to the rest of the league. They're 6th in O-Rating and score plenty. Their defense is terribly average. And, frankly, I think part of that is just integrating new players and D12 being hurt. Dwight is not 100%.

Anyway, getting off topic. The point is, Jose and Bargnani are definitely not the ideal value for Gasol (mostly because of Bargnani), when the Lakers offense is only getting better recently.

Last edited by Bill Haverchuck; 12-25-2012 at 11:10 AM.
Bill Haverchuck is offline   Boss Key Wife Key