Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Utah Jazz interested in Jose Calderon?
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 10:11 PM   #25 (permalink)
Metallikid
is dead inside

Representing:

When speculating on Jose's landing spot for a while now I've figured the Jazz; the Lakers have nothing we want that they're willing to offer. (although I would appreciate if someone could enlighten me on how TPEs work and if you can always just make a lopsided trade salary wise and have a TPE make up for it).

Most of what you guys are suggesting is dubious; they're definitely keeping Kanter and Favours (because they know that they'll never compete with their current core. However, the real question is do they trade Millsap or Al Jeff. Jefferson hasn't been playing as well as last year just yet, but the fact is they run so much of their offense through him that losing him would be disastrous for the offensive scheme; Millsap has very few plays run for him and gets a lot of his stats via hustle. With both in contract years I really think Millsap would be the one to get moved and it would be just about the best thing that could happen to us as Jose's salary isn't too far off and we could also get Randy Foye in return. It would look something like Jose + 2nd Rounder for Millsap + Foye. Amnesty Amir (or Bargnani if there are no takers, although I doubt it) and we actually have a shot at keeping Millsap in the offseason. :cookie:
Metallikid is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote