Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Casey on PG situation
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 10:56 AM   #20 (permalink)
RAPMAN
is pounding the rock!

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
You really believe it's that clear cut don't you? Lol

It's a lot opf factors (less so for Bargs since he was here last season):

-Lowry playing with new teammates and getting injured early which disrupted everything for him and everyone else.
-Casey changed his philosophy from last season to a more offensive team which hurt our D.
-Casey's overall approach and rotations were horrible
-Our bench often also looked like shit
-Losing a lot of close games early killed our confidence and the losses snowballed, including when Jose started for 2-3 weeks in November

I will say that Bargnani baffles me, he bought in last season so I don't know if he just didn't buy in but he came in out of shape and has looked awful from pretty much game one.
I agree with the comments with Lowry. Its a new system, new coach, and getting familiar with new team mates. Plus, he has been playing injured. I wish some posters can have the same patience we have been giving Bargnani for all these years. Six plus years, three coaches, numerous teammates, BC and Gherardhini, no one will change Bargnani. Bargnani plays to get up his shots.It is no coincidence that the interior defence has improved with his departure. Look at last year, the defense was much better and played harder when he was gone. Casey made the same mistake Triano made during his tenure, he awarded minutes and touches based on potential skill rather if they player actually earned them. Hopefully Casey can recognize we don't need a stretch four to score our points, and award players minutes based on their play on the floor. Practice what you preach:"POUND THE ROCK"
RAPMAN is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote