Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Casey on PG situation
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 11:38 AM   #19 (permalink)
carp

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
You really believe it's that clear cut don't you? Lol

It's a lot opf factors (less so for Bargs since he was here last season):

-Lowry playing with new teammates and getting injured early which disrupted everything for him and everyone else.
-Casey changed his philosophy from last season to a more offensive team which hurt our D.
-Casey's overall approach and rotations were horrible
-Our bench often also looked like shit
-Losing a lot of close games early killed our confidence and the losses snowballed, including when Jose started for 2-3 weeks in November

I will say that Bargnani baffles me, he bought in last season so I don't know if he just didn't buy in but he came in out of shape and has looked awful from pretty much game one.
Bargnani has had to adjust to Lowry as well... and the new iso offense that was being employed with he and Derozan this year as well. It's understandable... Casey has over-emphasized him as a floor spacing decoy and long range iso player and it's really hurt him. He's not getting his game going with easy buckets and he's struggled as a result. Jose is now pounding the ball more and demanding movement and it's working to reduce the iso/hero play on the court.

Add Bargnani to this team and it could be a really dynamic system... maybe not starting now, but definitely not as a decoy and NOT always 17 feet out. Even defensively, force him to be down low, LESS hedging... he's been effective down low despite not being a good help defender. His length is still a factor. Casey just needs to demand more physicality from him.

The team is playing well, but it's still missing it's best two players and that will catch up eventually. Hopefully they come back and it only adds to our resurgence. If they're used properly, both have shown they have it in them to be very effective players.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote