Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Casey on PG situation
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 01:12 AM   #11 (permalink)
jeffb
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMtors View Post
Well hes in the same situation once again as when he was with Memphis and Houston. Casey may like the way that Lowry plays with his tenacity and all but you have to look at the way the entire team plays too. And it is pretty clear that the Raptors are more team oriented with Calderon as the starter.

But as I said 1 of the 2 could be traded come the trade deadline.
I doubt either is dealt. And Casey is as much to blame for the way we played overall our first 20+ games. He was out coached nightly and his rotations were brutal + 2PG lineup. All that and he showed no accountablity whatsoever to players that at times struggled, including our PG's who were both struggling and Bargnani and not playing Ross much at all. The players right now are saying that the team meeting and coming back home has them focused again and Casey is emphasising defense as he did last season. Calderon started several games early in the season as well and we lost most of them not playing any better because the coaching was horrible, we had no confidence and the rotations were still a mess. The team overall right now is playing better and it's not due to just one player, the whole team seems focused right now. To give up on Lowry this early while he's still getting used to the system/new teammates while trying to get healthy is just completely asinine to me. Especially when it's based on a 3 game stretch vs crap teams.

Last edited by jeffb; 12-19-2012 at 01:23 AM.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote