Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Jonas Valanciunas: False Messiah?
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 07:36 PM   #105 (permalink)
LKeet6
Likes raw prospects with a great work ethic...

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptors1995 View Post
Actually read the title of the thread before you start putting words in my mouth. The False Messiah is followed by a question mark. It merely takes a vision of Valanciunas thatís being purported to us by management and putting it up for discussion/debate. I am expecting comeback and I think Iíve defended my position quite admirably, if I might add. Most of us are big Raptor fans on this forum, myself included, and want nothing but the best for our prospects. I wish all of our young players/prospects have successful careers in the NBA. It would be a dream come true for me to one day see us win a NBA championship. However, regardless of what I think, Iím always open-minded and willing to consider alternative viewpoints. I recall in the past, I would simply flip out if someone wrote Bargnani off. Iím actually a lot more receptive today to listening to differing basketball opinions/views related to our franchise rather than get carried away by all the hoopla. As a fan base, that kind of discussion and openness should be welcomed and is healthy. So if you think heís not a false messiah, thatís your opinion and I applaud you for sharing it with us. I did not for a second write his future/career off. I do, however, take issue with BC selling him as a future franchise player. I think thatís a bit too premature. Iím not going to blindly accept what managementís telling us. If you actually look at my prior posts, I stated that the jury is still definitely out on that one.
ok, cool. I respect the way you've articulated the point.

yep, i forgot to quote the ? appologies, that was not due to a lack of noticing it! Not sure the question mark makes a load of difference in terms of being an incendiary thread title but i respect your desire to spark debate.

i personally have seen enough of val to think he will be somewhere between a top 10 C and a franchise player. He's got all the physical attributes you could want (at 20, some improvements should come, naturally,) he looks like he'll be a good to great shot-blocker, he's extremely patchy on D but bodies up well imo, and then often loses position due to a mix of lack of strength and experience, both things that are easily gained.

offensively i've easily seen enough to think he can be great. Honestly. Not seen it regularly but a variety of ways of scoring, that i see no reason for him not producing regularly in 2 or 3 seasons.
LKeet6 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote