Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Jonas Valanciunas: False Messiah?
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 01:46 PM   #82 (permalink)
Raptors1995
it's time to empty the trash

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
Ok, so do you address my point that it's worked out for us in the past trying to build around a SG?

We need to stop our addiction to flash names. Harden at his OKC contract was a bargain. Harden at a max contract, I'm not so sure of (in terms of building around that one contract).
How is building around an all-star caliber player at any other position any different? Carter gave us some of the best basketball we ever watched here in Toronto. He literally put Toronto on the map. That experiment failed for several other reasons. If management actually stepped up and Butch Carter incorporated T-Mac moreso into the offense, who knows things might have been a little different. We definitely had the talent if we retained those peices to contend for the eastern conference championship. Kobe even mentioned that in the past.
Moreover, I'm fairly confident almost every GM would be willing to pay Harden that type of money right now. We would have Lowry and Harden. We could move Bargnani for other pieces. We would still have space. Does it mean we contend for a championship? No. We at least have one major piece of that puzzle moving forward. I'd like to think Lowry is a good piece as well.
Raptors1995 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote