Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Jonas Valanciunas: False Messiah?
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 01:27 PM   #73 (permalink)
Raptors1995
it's time to empty the trash

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
I can easily live with his defensive lapses because he improves upon them. You mention Chris Kaman, man, that guy is a legit C who's been playing in this league for a few years and has the respect of refs. He's 20! Take into consideration everything that the kid is facing and I think it's pretty evident that's he performing RIGHT at expectations.

As for someone saying he's not going to be an All-Star, again, that's such an easy thing to say. I can say that about any player coming into the league. And if you are sure of it, can you predict the next lottery for me as well? I would love to have those powers to see the future.

And if I read Andre Drummond's name one more time in relation to the Raptors, I think I may just scream.
It doesn't mean we can't take a critical approach to his game. Why can't we mention Drummond's name? I didn't even state that Andre Drummond would be better, but merely left an open ended question: what if that were the case one day? We passed on him and someone gets frustrated at the mere mention of the pick coming back to haunt us. That's what makes me want to scream. It's definitely within the realm of possibility that one day that could be the case.
Raptors1995 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote