Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - FINAL: Toronto 113 Cleveland 99
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 01:10 PM   #30 (permalink)
Fixxxer
anti-tank

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Haverchuck View Post
I see it as the opposite. If the Raps are good enough to get out of the bottom 5, and I think the Raps can do that, then they should try and win and get that pick obligation to OKC out of the way as quickly as possible. It makes things easier for a new GM, assuming we are lucky enough to watch Colangelo expire. If the pick obligation is done, the new GM can do whatever it wants without that looming over his head. Also, with the Raptors luck, if we don't convey the pick this year, Lowry will probably get hurt next year, when Jose is not around to cover his back, and then we'll finish bottom 5 in a deeper draft and lose the pick.

Honestly, one of my biggest fears for 2013-14 is that Lowry plays fewer than 60 games, Jose is gone, and we lose a primo pick to OKC. NO WAY WE SHOULD EVEN RISK LETTING THAT HAPPEN.

Also, as a matter of pride, why help OKC? We should try to get as many wins this year and give them as crappy a pick as possible in a weak draft. The Thunder has been fortunate enough to have high picks in enough deep drafts. I like the team, but fuck 'em. We should have some fuckin' pride. If anything, I'd love this team to just show some pride. It's the one thing I like about not having an automatic pick to tank for.
Wise words Mr. Haverchuck

Great user name too I might add
Fixxxer is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote