Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Jonas Valanciunas: False Messiah?
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 03:55 PM   #52 (permalink)
Claudius
contemplating

The Killing Joke

Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Claudius

Quote:
Originally Posted by moremilk View Post
this is not about JV's potential, that's a different discussion. Right now, JV is horrible and he's absolutely killing us defensively and offensively. He should have been benched a long time ago and his minutes reduced. I'd rather see a productive 15mpg against bench centers and that should be better for his development too. I fail to see how getting killed night in and out is helping JV - it's just destroying his confidence.
You mention horrible. You're either exaggerating for effect (and then bravo!) or we're watching two separate guys.

JV is below adequate right now. However, he's providing us more than Gray. We're not a championship/playoff squad. We're not. Therefore, you give the guy burn because he's part of that core that's been identified.

And trust me, if you've played any sport, playing against better competition does not destroy your confidence. Missing open jumpers, missing lay ups, missing dunks, that destroys confidence. Getting 'killed' just shows you how much harder you have to work.
Claudius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote