Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Jonas Valanciunas: False Messiah?
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 08:52 AM   #39 (permalink)
ollyaaa
is pounding the rock!

Raptor Fan

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
This fanbase is so fucked up sometimes!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptors1995 View Post
Iím not judging his future. Actually take the time to read the ENTIRE PIECE!! I raise questions. How dare we as a fan base say anything negative about one of our young players? Right? Thereís no question that Valanciunas is one factor among others that has hurt us defensively, but we rarely mention that? Obviously we can cut him some slack because heís a rookie and heís going to improve, but talking about some of his defensive woes somehow leads you guys to think I came to the conclusion that heís a bust. Far from true, I think he has potential and mentioned earlier that it's far too early to write him off. I do take issue with Bryan Colangelo trying to sell him as a future franchise player. I, for one, think thatís way too early. This fan base is fucked for taking a critical approach? Because Valanciunas is a rookie, doesnít mean he should be immune to criticism. In fact, itís actually healthy for us to take an holistic approach to his game.
Completely agree. JeffB is rarely right about anything to do with basketball, so I would disregard his disdain.
ollyaaa is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote