Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Jonas Valanciunas: False Messiah?
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 12:37 AM   #21 (permalink)
MBailey85
is pounding the rock!

Representing:

Good question/Thread Rap95,

In my opinion yes and there's nothing wrong with judging his game thus far. The Raps have been through over a quarter of the season already. This doesn't mean that a conclusion needs to be made about Valanciunas but there's enough to make necessary criticism. The reason many are defensive is because he hasn't looked too special for the most part and we all had hoped he would've gotten off to a better start. If he was playing like a leading Rookie Of The Year candidate,nobody who'd be saying" it's to early" or "he's just 20 years old" or" he's a few weeks into his rookie season" they would be saying "he's the franchise" and things of that nature. Personally,I like Jonas and think he has the potential to be a key contributor on a championship contending team,maybe even an All Star after working on his overall game with Hakeem Olajuwon (if this idea manifests)
but at the same time if he's what's standing in the way between the Raptors and acquiring a bonafied All Star like a Kevin Love,I would trade him with no hesitation.
MBailey85 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote