Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Jonas Valanciunas: False Messiah?
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 12:25 AM   #19 (permalink)
Raptors1995
it's time to empty the trash

Representing:

I’m not judging his future. Actually take the time to read the ENTIRE PIECE!! I raise questions. How dare we as a fan base say anything negative about one of our young players? Right? There’s no question that Valanciunas is one factor among others that has hurt us defensively, but we rarely mention that? Obviously we can cut him some slack because he’s a rookie and he’s going to improve, but talking about some of his defensive woes somehow leads you guys to think I came to the conclusion that he’s a bust. Far from true, I think he has potential and mentioned earlier that it's far too early to write him off. I do take issue with Bryan Colangelo trying to sell him as a future franchise player. I, for one, think that’s way too early. This fan base is fucked for taking a critical approach? Because Valanciunas is a rookie, doesn’t mean he should be immune to criticism. In fact, it’s actually healthy for us to take an holistic approach to his game.
Raptors1995 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote