Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Jonas Valanciunas: False Messiah?
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 11:48 PM   #10 (permalink)
Raptors1995
it's time to empty the trash

Representing:

I did not for a second question whether or not he will be a solid player. The poll has somewhat misguided the discussion from the other points my piece has raised. I pointed to the fact that our problems extend beyond Bargnani's lackluster player. Valanciunas is a rookie, and with experience and building more strength, he can definitely become a better player. However, I rarely see someone question his defensive deficiencies as if he’s immune to criticism solely based on the fact that he’s a rookie. Does that mean he will never improve? No. I clearly mentioned that it’s way too early to write him off defensively, but just because he’s a rookie doesn’t mean we can’t have a healthy discussion regarding his performance. Moreover, management, particularly BC, has sold this kid as a franchise type player. I'm just taking a critical approach and not blindly accepting what BC wants to sell us. Will be a good player in this league? Yes. Will he one day be a franchise type player (messiah) that BC envisions for us to believe? The jury is definitely still out on that one!

Last edited by Raptors1995; 12-17-2012 at 12:12 AM.
Raptors1995 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote