Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - What do we do with Lowry and Bargs now !!
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 04:50 PM   #17 (permalink)
MBailey85
is pounding the rock!

Representing:

My approach if I were coach would be to start Kyle Lowry because he will be here beyond this season. Demoting him in favor of Calderon would suggest that the team's struggles were mainly his fault which could cause trust issues between him and Casey. Lowry needs a little bit more time to gel with his teammates before a final assessment is made about him as a Raptor. Calderon has been playing well and arguably a better fit as a starting PG but let's not forget that he's already made it clear that he wants to be traded. It wouldn't be wise for the Raptors to punk their potential starting PG of the future for a player who'll more than likely leave as a free agent. Time to take advantage of Jose playing good and trade him while his value is rising.

As far as Bargnani, if he remains a Raptor I'd bring him off the bench. He could be a nice little spark if he's shooting well,that'll earn him more minutes. I think with Amir or Ed in the starting role,they get better positional rotation. My first approach would be to trade Bargnani but its hard to get fair value when a player's injured unless they're a bonafied talent,prospect or all star,none of which Bargnani is.
MBailey85 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote